Moving back to Connecticut was a big change for me because the people were a lot different from the South. They were definitely not as polite but I seemed to remember my manners well enough. It was amazing to see the difference in people. There is a huge variety of ethnicities in Stamford. I'm glad I moved back to the New York area because there are so many different kinds of people here that it is easy to be open minded to things. I believe it is very important to have an open mind to everything so you are prepared for unexpected things.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Culture and Ethnicity When Growing Up
I was born in New York City but lived in Bethel, CT at the time. After living there for a couple years, my family moved to Atlanta, GA then Herndon, VA. Living in these southern states showed me an interesting kind of culture. The people we met were very small minded. They didn't really know anything but what was there. All the houses looked alike and all the people were the same ethnicity. But something I did learn from them was how to be polite. People in Atlanta were very well-mannered and respectful and that is where I learned my manners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment