Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why do people get tattoos and piercings?

      I don't have any tattoos but I do have four piercings on one ear and three on the other.  Why did I get them?  I like how they look I guess.  I got my first and second holes done by a professional and I did the third and fourth on my own with some ice and rubbing alcohol.  Personally, I like how multiple earrings look on people's ears.  I also like nose piercings, tongue piercings, eyebrow piercings and any other piercings you can think of.  However, I don't like piercings that are really bizarre.  Like people with those huge gages in their faces.  Do people realize they will have those huge holes in their faces until they're old?!  An old person would look ridiculous with that!  The small piercings are cute, humble, can be easily hidden, and aren't so "out-there".  
      I like what piercings and tattoos do to people though.  Like me, I am normally a quiet person who keeps to herself but when people see my multiple earrings they think, "Maybe she has another side to her that's not always quiet."  At least that's how I see people.  Of course everyone always looks at people's appearances first and when I see tattoos and piercings I wonder what these people are really about.  I love asking people what their tattoos mean because I like the story behind them.  I hate when people just get tattoos because they think it would look cool.  I don't think I want a tattoo right now but if I ever get one in the future I would make sure it was meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment